Elko Bridge replacement
MacKay Contracting came in low bid for the Highway 3 Elko Overhead Bridge Replacement project.
The new bridge which spans the CP Rail tracks will include improvements to the intersection at Bate Avenue including the addition of a left-turn lane.
Work will begin in Summer of 2022.
The existing bridge was constructed in the 1950. This stretch or road sees an average of 6700 vehicles per day with peak season reaching just shy of 10,000.
- We are proud to provide the following improvements:
- New 53-metre long three-span bridge
- Wider shoulders
- Barrier-protected sidewalk on the north side of the new bridge
- Pedestrian tunnel under Highway 3 on the north side of the new bridge
- Intersection improvements including a left turn lane at Bate Avenue
- Improved signage and lighting
These improvements will increase safety for residents, travellers and commercial traffic. The addition of the pedestrian tunnel will be welcome addition to local and visitors alike.
We are proud to be providing these improvements to the Elko area, and to work with the Province to ensure the highest standards of quality and safety are met throughout this project.