Heavy Duty Mechanic
Responsibilities and Duties
- Safely perform accurate and complete equipment inspections, diagnostics, and repairs
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Prioritize a safe working environment
- Liaise with management to ensure a smooth flow of communication during repairs or maintenance work
- Always strive to exceed industry standards by providing quality workmanship
- Perform daily bay inspections to ensure shop neatness/cleanliness, and safety
- Work closely as a team to ensure all tasks are completed efficiently
- Effectively work in all weather conditions and have the flexibility to work shift work if necessary
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Clean B.C Driver’s License, minimum Class 5. Class 3 with Air is an asset
- Welding experience is an asset
- Capable of performing heavy physical duties
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Prioritizes safety of self and team
At MACKAY Contracting, we believe that our people are our greatest asset. We understand the challenges of recruiting and retaining strong talent. We are committed to developing, recognizing, and retaining talented employees. We offer a fun, respectful and supportive multi-cultural working environment. Our steadily growing team is hardworking, personable, and supportive about delivering highly rated quality results, with a high level of integrity while providing a cost-effective solution for our clients.
Apply for the Heavy Duty Mechanic position.
Please fill out the form below and we will get back to you in a timely manner.