Crushing & Screening Foreman
Mackay Contracting is seeking an experienced screen operator for our ongoing project requirements. Our project teams generally operate on a 5 on 2 off schedule within the East Kootenay region.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure safe work operations and full compliance to operating procedures
- Receive directions from site Superintendent regarding day-to-day operations and tasks
- Pre - & post inspection checks of the equipment
- Maintain accurate records in equipment log
- Report any defects found on equipment
- Responsible for and/or assists in fueling and filling all the fluids in the equipment to the right level. Quantity of fuel and fluids must be reported in the inspection log
- Assist in the maintenance works of the equipment
- Maintain good housekeeping practices at worksites and on equipment
- Prepare and submit required daily reports
- Perform other functions such as manual labour, as required by operational needs and priorities
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- At least 2 years experience working around aggregate crushing equipment, such as Jaw-cone, crushers, Impact crushers and stacking conveyors
- Experience producing aggregate for MOTI specifications considered an asset
- Familiar with general maintenance practices of heavy and aggregate crushing equipment.
- Physically fit to do manual labour and heavy lifting up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
At MACKAY Contracting, we believe that our people are our greatest asset. We understand the challenges of recruiting and retaining strong talent. We are committed to developing, recognizing, and retaining talented employees. We offer a fun, respectful and supportive multi-cultural working environment. Our steadily growing team is hardworking, personable, and supportive about delivering highly rated quality results, with a high level of integrity while providing a cost-effective solution for our clients.
Apply for the Crushing & Screening Foreman position.
Please fill out the form below and we will get back to you in a timely manner.